Welcome to my best stand mixer & hand mixer reviews site. Let me introduce myself; I am Sally and I’m the mother of 3 ever growing children, and an avid baker. People keep telling me I should write a blog about baking, but there are too many of those now, so instead I have written this blog about mixers.
There are quite a lot of good mixers in the market these days, in fact , too many! This blog should serve as an easy guide on how to pick the best stand mixer or best hand mixer for your baking endeavors. I expect you would want to read as many useful shopping tips as you could before chucking in the cash for getting a stand mixer or hand mixer.
How to Choose the Best Mixer?
Basically mixers are just a handy substitute for beating and mixing stuff by hand. Anyway, I assume you do want to buy a new mixer rather then using your own hand or wooden spoon to do the mixing, so it is best that you decide in the beginning whether you want to get a stand mixer or hand mixer.
Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer?
So, to save all that precious time for the next TV show, skip this part if you already know what type of mixer you plan to get. If not, read on. As you know, there are two types of kitchen mixers to choose from – the hand mixer and the stand mixer.
- Stand mixer – If you’re baking a lot in terms of amount and batches, it’s wise to choose the stand mixer. The stand mixer can be left to work on its own (no hands!) and has more functions with many accessories and attachments available, though for sure you pay about ten times the price of a handheld model. But for a stand mixer, you’ll have to consider storage space, and whether you need to move it around (some quality stand mixers can be heavy!). This is also the best mixer for bread recipes, or any recipe with dough, because dough is heavy and will require high power to mix.
- Hand mixer – The advantage of a hand mixer is that you can stash it easily in the kitchen drawer without taking up much space, and it’s pretty easy to bring around the kitchen to mix up the stuff. They are also very affordable, but definitely not powerful enough to do heavy mixing, and it’s also not practical to be holding the mixer all day long when you can free up your hands for other jobs. I suggest that you buy a hand mixer if you only do the occasional light mixing.
Now that you know whether to buy a stand mixer or hand mixer, go ahead and read the mixer reviews or go to my guides here to read further:
Best Mixer – My Top Picks
Here are some of my best mixer recommendations, and I believe this would be helpful for those who looking for a little help to shop for a good mixer, whether it be a hand mixer, a stand mixer or kitchen mixer, a powerful one or a middle ranged, budget mixer.
- Best Stand Mixer – This is the most favorite stand mixers of all times.
- Best Hand Mixer – Controls mixing consistency well with 9 speeds.
- Best Heavy Duty Kitchen Mixer – Built to last and handle heavy jobs. Best stand mixer for bread.
- Best Budget Stand Mixer – Best for those with a budget and yet want a decent mixer.
- Powerful Stand Mixer – Versatile and powerful 800-watt mixer for baking projects everyday.
There are more kitchen mixers reviews in my blog page where you can find the suitable mixer for your kitchen.
And if you want to find the best mixers by brand, here are the most recommended and popular brands in the market:
Best Stand Mixer
With no delay, I want to show you the KitchenAid Artisan Mixer. This is the best stand mixer for home baking, and the best selling mixer all year round. It’s more or less identical to the heavy-duty KitchenAid Professional 600, but this KitchenAid Artisan Mixer features a smaller bowl at 5 quarts and a 325-watt motor, and naturally a better price. This stand mixer is substantially heavy, and comes in 39 unique colors for you to choose from!
It’s a top rated stand mixer for people who bakes at home but don’t need a large batch of dough at one go. Read the full review of KitchenAid Artisan here. If you’re looking for a stand mixer that will handle heavy duty projects every day, I suggest you get my favorite Cuisinart SM-55 mixer or the KitchenAid Professional 600 instead.
- More stand mixer recommendations.
Best Hand Mixer
KitchenAid KHM9PWH 9-Speed Professional Hand Mixer
KitchenAid KHM9PWH is the best hand mixer that is designed especially for home bakers. Equipped with 9 digital speeds, you are provided with precise control. This allows you to mix any mixture from heavy to light powerfully. Thanks to the smooth surfaces, there is no worry about any trapped ingredients and cleaning (just wipe!) is a breeze!
More than just a normal hand mixer, this model is as close as you can get to a professional equipment. It can handle heavy duty mixing easily (such as mixing the stickiest cookie dough) without losing steam. You can also make cakes, cookies, fillings, pastries and baked goods with this mixer. Read the full review of KitchenAid KHM9PWH Hand Mixer here.
- More hand mixer recommendations.
Other Stuff About Mixers
I’ve taken some time to write short articles about mixers because I think having a good mixer really makes a difference in the kitchen, and here are some of the topics that I’ve written:
My Mixer Reviews Blog & More Kitchen Blogs
You can find more information about mixer in my mixer reviews blog here. Besides that, here are more related cooking and kitchen blogs that you might be interested to check out:
Thanks for reading my food mixer reviews! Hope you find your best mixer soon.